The Youth will be partnered with a well-trained/screened volunteer mentors, who will be a one on one role model providing age appropriate guidance and advice. These mentors will serve as a big brother/sister, role models, advocates, and advisors which will participate in fun educational activities and field trips. This program will focus on the impoverished youth between the ages 10-17, often coming from households living in poverty stricken areas, especially single parent households. Participants would be referred by the School System, Community Leaders, Recreation Departments, Court System, Coaches and also parents.
RTF will provide services and activities for the seniors of the community. We will offer a helping hand in their everyday lives as needed, and also provide other fun activities that will bring some entertainment. Deteriorating health, malnutrition, lack of shelter, fear, depression, senility, isolation, boredom, non-productivity, and financial incapacity are the most common problems that senior citizens all over the world face today. Our program is designed to uplift their spirits, engage them in fun social activities, and promote healthy eating habits.
Community Outreach/Sports Service Division
- Community Service – RTF will organize and provide services that would affect the community. Teaching our youth to give back to community, take pride in their neighborhoods, and be willing to offer a helping hand to others.
- Motivational & Guest speaker – A host of notable speakers including current and former professional & college athletes, business professionals (along with myself) will provide dialogues to give positive uplifting words to the community. They will be speaking at sports banquets, award presentations, business functions and numerous other events.
- Sports Services include:
- Camps (football, basketball and others)
- Coaching clinics (football, basketball and others)
- Training sessions (one on one & group)
- Football & Basketball week (Recreation Dept.)
- Game Day (College and Professional games Redskins, Wizards, Nationals)
- Fund Raising (Positive and fun activities for the community)
Potential Future Programs
- After school\Tutoring - providing tutoring in subject areas of need to students. Computers, books, printers and other important material will be accessible for students use. RTF After school\Tutoring program will focus on math, reading and science.
- Lil’ Ladies & Gents –This initiative is focused on age range of 5 to 9yrs olds, teaching them the proper ways of lady and gentleman. Covering all areas including: table manners, opening doors, and other activities that will teach self confidence and promote positive attitudes.
- Fresh Start – Giving young men and women who’ve been previously incarcerated a second chance or a fresh start at life, providing some guidance towards positive activity, such as counseling, job assistance, and life coaching.
- Job Placement – Partnering with local businesses, this program would target young adults (late teens to mid-twenties). Assisting them in job placements and finding career opportunities.
- College Assistance – Designed for students starting in the 9th grade and assisting/preparing them to enroll in universities, such as filling out college applications, applying for scholarships/grants, etc.
- Youth Leaders Academy – This mentorship program will enable ourDMV youths to become positive leadersin the community. This internship could possibly lead to scholarships and employment by the RTF.
- Community Leadership Meeting – Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner ~ Having discussion with the community and becoming more aware of different issues
- Holiday Events – Toy drives, food drives and more…
- Field Trips – Educational, amusement parks, and family-oriented trips.